Tuesday, July 17, 2007

18 days to go...

So I went to Barnes & Noble today after work and was perusing a great book on Benjamin Franklin & Wealth.

I found a great, long quote while there about debt - when I tried to find it again on line it was only in bit's and pieces:

This site: http://www.sacklunch.net/poorrichard/ has just about all of the quotes but they are broken into much smaller pieces.

I guess the sweetest and most 'to-the-point' quote would be:
"He that goes a-borrowing goes a-sorrowing."
I've been debating today whether I should hold on to my 2nd job when(not if) I pay off my debt. There are advantages on both sides.

By staying I would be able to:
  1. Pay for a shiny piece of jewelry for my girlfriend (possibly future fiance/wife) quicker
  2. Save more money to pay for a possible wedding reception (my girlfriend and her family will have nothing to do with 'dancing' or 'drinking' that my family & friends all-but require in order to attend - it's a long story...)
  3. I'd be able to stock up on a struggling wardrobe by using the nice 2nd job discount.
By leaving I would be able to:

  1. Relax
  2. focus more on finding a better 1st job
  3. Spend more time with girlfriend, family & friends
  4. ...Did I mention RELAX?
I'm leaning heavily towards the latter option right now but, I know I'll feel bad If I resign again from the 2nd job just as they are getting into their 2nd busiest time of the year 'back-to-school'. I can guarantee though if I am more than 1/2 or 2/3rds as stressed out then, as I am now about just my 1st job - I will be giving my 2 weeks notice with no remorse whatsoever....

No comments: