Thursday, July 19, 2007

16 days to go...

The Dow hit 14,000 today, and stayed there for the first time.

Yesterday I got all of my 401k's investment out of the American stock market - I have a creepy feeling that a 'correction' in the market is definitely on it's way in the next 6 months.

Especially with the fact that the Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that:

"Some estimates are in the order of between $50 billion and $100 billion of losses associated with subprime credit problems,"
A $100 Billion dollar blow to the economy is not something exactly to dismiss.

This article on yahoo about the 'slowing' economy does not exactly make me want to jump into the stock market at an all-time peak either.

In other news, I had a friend from work re-mention a suggestion I made several months ago - A 'minority' i.e., 'black' investment group through work. She as well as another one of our colleagues seemed interested in doing that again. I would LOVE to do this - as soon as I get a lot more work done and have a lot less stress weighing on my shoulders. Hopefully, that will be a short-term reality.

No comments: