Wednesday, August 8, 2007

V is for Victory: I'm DEBT FREE!!!

[I originally tired to POST this Monday 8/6/07 - but it wouldn't post correctly, here's a 2nd try]

I officially determined my debt is paid off yesterday. I'm in kind of a good mood. I thought I'd add some mood music:



If You've never seen V for Vendetta - don't hit play. If you have, in this scene I play 'Evie'-short hair and all - while the credit card companies/God play "V"





This scene, the 'God is in the rain' scene, I think makes a similar analogy of what I've gone through over the last several years. I've been trapped and lived a tortured life pretty much of my own making. At any time I could have given up all hope but a little over a year ago I made a decision that I needed to be free from this debt if it was the last thing I did. Now, as I've accomplished this goal I realize this experience, being in debt, was a necessary life lesson that I won't soon forget. This lesson from the school of hard knocks has also allowed me to appreciate the benefits of saving much more than I did beforehand and hopefully, with some willpower I'll be able to realize the benefits of budgeting as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Its been great reading your posts and the count down...you've totally earned this! Now don't go disappearing since the debt is gone, we want to read about millionaire Reggie too!

(Seriously, great work on achieving this milestone, I have another year of debt payments in front of me, so blogs like yours are what keep me motivated!!!!)

D.R. said...

Thanks! I have to admit I feel a little bit lazy on the posting lately. Hopefully, once I finally have only my 1st job to go to I'll have more time to devote to this and other ventures.

Thanks again!