Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'd like to quit... What do you mean I can't?

So I presented my 3 weeks resignation to my 2nd job a couple weeks ago and I thought I was being nice.

Yesterday though, my 2nd job boss somewhat begged me to stay until they could get more people
which will most likely be in the 4- week to 5 week range.

The sincerity in her voice made me feel sorry and I agreed but told her I needed less hours. I also told her I probably need this Saturday off so I could get some stuff done at my other job but told her I'd check today and let know for sure later in the week.

When I called today to let 2nd-job boss know I would be calling off this Saturday she immediately asked "all this Saturday?!"

I backed down a little and said "well at least until 4"

She then asked "can you close?!"

Begrudgingly I said "yes... I'll close" Man I wish I could take those words back but, I'm a man of my word - or at least try to be.

However, the more I think about it - knowing I'm already stressed out as it is with the first job - I might just start calling off the day of work until they get the point that I DON'T need a 2nd job no more!

I guess the old saying holds true:

"Give them an inch and they'll take a mile"


I might have to get my 'inches' back. F- being nice.

No comments: