Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pics & Point of View from the west...

So yesterday evening I returned back to Ohio. And I'm glad to be back.

I did have fun out in the 'wild west' but it was so Gooood-La'wd-HOT that you could barely stand to stay outside for more then a couple minutes. We got a convertible rental car which at first, my girlfriend was really excited about and quickly volunteered to drive, then... we got out of the shade.

The 110-degree weather quickly had us putting the top up.

Other than the weather though, it was a great experience. I got to meet one of my girlfriend's good friends and her family. Since they are all from my girlfriend's home country - they happen to have slightly different ways of doing things - much more laid back.

As far as staying within my budget I made it! I didn't think I was going to make after the first two days, we went out and spent about $75-100 each day (going $25-50 above my budget) but once we switched from the hotel to a friend's house, our daily expenses went down significantly.

In the end I ended up coming back with $201 to spare.

Unfortunately, I spent about $50 of that on food & magazines while waiting stand-by in the airport on a lay-over. By the way, I wasn't really familiar with the whole 'stand-by' process before this trip and now that I understand it:

- you pay a lower price for the possibility of getting a seat on the plane.

I've decided I'd much rather pay the higher place and KNOW that I have a spot on the plane rather than assuming there MIGHT be a place on the plane only to learn I have to wait another 2 hours for a flight - or longer.

Overall it was a great trip, I got to see the grand Canyon and forgot, for a moment, about the stress at work.

Here are some pics:

Mountain-view from town:



to the left, you'll see the, in-room credit card swiper for those who want to order movies. Needless to say I did not use.



Middle of the Grand Canyon:

No comments: