Saturday, September 1, 2007

August 2007 - Net Worth


As you can see, my net worth took a nice, -4% hit this month due to a collection I found after pulling my credit report. Hopefully, I will be able to pay that off within the next 2-3 months and be back within the realm of debt freedom. It felt pretty good while it lasted.

Otherwise, my liquid assets went up quite a bit. My credit card debt now stands at '0' , which is where I'd like it to stay but, since collections are a much worse form of debt than credit card debt I think I'll be shifting the collection over to a 0% credit card later this month.

In fact most of my newly increased liquid assets will be going towards the collection debt. Since I still feel as if I'm in debt-free mode though I won't be devoting all of my energy towards that debt. Instead I'll devote most of my energy toward it but still give myself allowances for extra food, clothes and other things I personally have been skimping on for the past two years or so.

If I really wanted to I could pay off the entire debt today but I would have $0 to my name - I still prefer that emergency cushion just in case something else pops up later this month.

No comments: