Sunday, December 23, 2007

Progress Report - For week ended 12/23/07

So here's my progress so far the month of December as Christmas is just a few days away:

  1. Send novel manuscript to 10 book agents and/or publishers - SUCCESS* - I've taken the first step at least, I sent 'query letters' to 10 agents. From what, I understand most book agents like to see a query letter before ever agreeing to look at the manuscript. I got mostly 'no thank you' responses back but two asked for additional details.
  2. Apply to 20 jobs (part-time or full-time) - I've applied to seven thus far, time has not yet permitted me to apply for more. With some of the Holiday time off I'll do my best to apply to more though.
  3. Raise net worth to $8,500 or better - This goal is on track, although I did spend a little more than I wanted to last night with old friends for some Holiday libations. Hopefully, Santa may kick in with some Xmas cash and come to the rescue if necessary.
Hopefully everyone will have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season in general.

No comments: