Saturday, December 1, 2007

November 2007 - Net Worth


OH - yeah! Finally, I broke the 8K threshold ...that has been eluding me like Moby Dick eluded Ahab.

Now the goal is to stay 'above' the 8K line.

I believe there are a number of reasons I was able to achieve my 3 month-old goal:

  1. There were no additional major unexpected expenses (as I cross my fingers for good luck while I type)
  2. I decided part of my emergency fund should go to my most recent credit-card 'emergencies'.
  3. My 401k has consistently gone up (even though the DJIA as a whole took a 4% drop for the Month)
I think the key reason would be the last one, without a positive return on my 401K this month I would be just under (if not way under) the 8K goal. For the short-term at least it appears that my conservative investment strategy is paying off - as far the long term though, it remains to be seen. I'll have to look back a year from now and see how I did.

For now though, I think I am going to enjoy a greasy, transfat-filled, heart-attack inducing $7 Value meal in order to celebrate. It's too cold here in Ohio to do much else...plus they're trying to ban the heart-attack inducing transfats here in Ohio so I might as well get in while the getting is good.

No comments: