Sunday, December 16, 2007

Progress Report - For week ended 12/16/07

So here's my progress so far the month of December as I approach the mid-point:

  1. Send novel manuscript to 10 book agents and/or publishers - SUCCESS* - I've taken the first step at least, I sent 'query letters' to 10 agents. From what, I understand most book agents like to see a query letter before ever agreeing to look at the manuscript. I got a response back within a couple hours from 1 agent.
  2. Apply to 20 jobs (part-time or full-time) - I've applied to seven thus far, I will try and increase this amount to the teens by this week - time permitting.
  3. Raise net worth to $8,500 or better - This goal is on track, I just need to keep X-mas expenses low.
It's been a fairly productive week - if I can just keep it up till month's end I'll be good to go heading into 2008.

No comments: