Monday, March 31, 2008

Progress Report - for week ended 3/30/08 [late]

So here's the last report for the month of March


Goals by the end of March 2008 -

  1. Decide on a part-time business to focus on for at least 2 months. - I"m fairly certain I am going to switch to re-focusing on blogging. But Something inside won't let me 'pull the trigger' so to speak. I think there may be more profitable uses of my time but, I'm not sure.
  2. Save $2750 or more into Wedding savings account. - SUCCESS - As of today, the wedding account is at approximately $4972 - and it would be up another $200 if not for the deposit we put down this weekend on a great Honeymoon someplace sunny.
  3. Do local and regional taxes - SUCCESS* - OK the procrastination officially ended this past Sunday. Unfortunately, it brought with it a $277 tax bill (ouch!) for my regional taxes - which honestly i don't know why I pay. On the bright side my local school. district taxes will give me back $6 whole dollars - So I'll be ready to buy a Value meal once that hefty check comes through.

Again, I'm really pumped now that the wedding account is actually starting to build up some cash. I talked to the bank that is holding all our money about switching accounts and said the crappy interest rate and terms are 'unavoidable' because of 'market conditions'. I personally think that's crap but we didn't have enough time to shop around.

*As far as taxes go - I have them done - I just have to mail them and double check them for mistakes and make copies. Man I need to get on the ball.

No comments: