Monday, March 10, 2008

I give up - I caught the falling knife.

So, after checking my 401k and seeing it went down (again) a 2nd month I decided to reduce my risky contributions - (small -to mid caps & International funds) and instead increased my guaranteed funds and bonds.


There are a few reasons I made the decision:

  1. The DJIA has lost 10% since the beginning of the year
  2. The S& P 500 has lost about 13% since the beginning of the year
  3. Gas hit $107 today for the first time ever.
  4. People with Million-dollar homes - people who should have better credit than me, soon won't because there houses are getting foreclosed upon!
  5. The dollar is losing it's traction against the Euro and the yen.
Hopefully, that 'guaranteed' amount will help me keep my head above water as the markets appear to tank.

No comments: