Sunday, January 20, 2008

losing your job (without debt) ain't that bad

The last couple of days I've been thinking about the fact that despite the fact I've been laid off, right now is probably the best time for it to have happened to me.

As of 1/3/08 - "I'm Debt free!" so unlike other times when I've quit a job whilst being deep in debt - because I hated it - yet had no new job set up . This time, I have no job set up BUT I also have no debt.

My lease is up about a month after my final paycheck and I usually pay my rent early ( like this weekend) So I'll have a month to think about where I'll go. A relative has already offered to allow me to stay at their place.

And not to be a 'Negative-Nelly' but, I pretty much hated my job so it was a bit of a relief this past week going in and knowing that the angry person on the other line, or the letter from an attorney asking for $1000's of dollars for something I personally believe is B.S. - will not be my problem in about 2 months.

There is also the fact that I really don't want to spend my 30's 'working my way up the corporate ladder' I'd much rather start my own business - where the only boss to answer to is me - rather than answering to umpteen levels of management I currently have to endure.

So overall, so far, losing my job for the first time (rather than quitting) hasn't been that bad of an experience.

No comments: