Friday, November 2, 2007

October results / November goals:

So here are the results for my goals for the end of October:

  1. Sell more things on E-bay: - FAILURE - after a bad experience with a 'brick & mortar' E-bay store I became a little disillusioned with selling things online. Never-to-fear though, a co-worker in my work's Personal finance book club will be teaching other groups members how to sell things on e-bay in a week or so.
  2. Make $100 in alternative income - FAILURE - lack of focus and multiple distractions are the main reason this goal failed. Hopefully, November will be a little less dramatic. I did make give or take $10 though, now I need to multiply that.
  3. Raise net worth above $8000 (again) - FAILURE - one step forward, two steps back. I was within striking distance, in fact, I was above the goal for a while but, an engagement here and car trouble there plummeted me back to earth. Time to get up and try again
  4. Apply/try out for 3 finance related freelancing jobs - SUCCESS - I did apply/try out for 3 finance related freelance jobs and I'm still potentially in talks with one client. However, as Yoda says do or don't "There is no try".
  5. Pay off remainder of debt/collection - SUCCESS* - I did pay off my collection however, it was shortly replaced with new debt a few weeks later - hence the asterisk.

Goals for the end of October:

  1. Finish chapter editing on novel
  2. Make $100 in alternative income
  3. Raise net worth above $8000 (third try is a charm)
Hopefully less goals will be easier to focus on.

No comments: